Sunday, September 26, 2010

When I found you... Chapter 21(Jaevon Fanfic)

The cold breeze from the sea ruffled the leaves and enfolded the lovers walking hand in hand by the shore. The light of the moon illuminated their features showing a lovely and a handsome face. Stars are twinkling happily in the sky sharing their lights to a love more profound than they’ve ever experienced.

The lovely couple stopped at the nearby cove. James placed a blanket beside a boulder and seated himself against it, pulling Devon down towards him. He positioned Devon between his bent legs, her back facing him. Devon, making herself comfortable, leaned back towards James pulling with her a comforter she brought from the villa. James encircled his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body.

“Thank you,” James said and kissed her on the temple.

“For what?” she asked, slightly tilting her head towards him.

“For showing me how to forgive… and for loving me.”

“I love you, Jaime,” Devon said and gave him a heart-melting smile.

James tipped her chin up and tilted her face towards him. He kissed her with all the love the love he had for her. She kissed him back with the entire ardor in her. Instead of saying the words of love, he showed her with all the love and passion he felt for her. He slowly shifted their position that Devon was now lying on her back, James looming above her. Her hands slowly crept up across his chest towards the back of his neck, pulling him closer. James’ hands were everywhere, caressing her thighs, the sides of her breasts, her arms, making her moan in his arms. He released her mouth and relished the flesh on her neck, kissing it with unrestrained passion. He wrapped his arms around her and took her mouth in a stormy, demanding kiss that shook her to the cove. She answered the demand by shifting her hands softly over his shoulders, gentling him. Devon was slowly sent to a sensual bliss, feeling only his lips and touch, sending warmth wherever he touched her. James suddenly stopped, his breathing hard and rugged, looking at the beauty in his arms. He looked at her lovingly, showering soft feather-like kisses on her face and neck. He lay on his back and pulled Devon with him. Their breathing and the frantic beating of their hearts slowed down to their normal tempo. Wrapped in his arms, Devon leaned her head on his chest. He unconsciously caressed her arm while looking at the luminous moon above. Devon listened to the lull beating of his heart, thinking of how James filled her life with love and happiness.

After a few moments of listening to the rhythmic beating of his heart, Devon fell asleep. James noticed the woman in his arms felt heavy and her slow, steady breathing showed that she’s in deep slumber. James pulled her closer and arranged the comforter around her snuggly. James closed his eyes, savoring the feel of her against him. He didn’t bother waking her up and just waited for the sun to rise.

The sun shone brightly above, giving a warmth feel to the busy people scurrying along the street. Devon accompanied James to the airport. She was holding James’ hand and felt a heavy feeling dwell in her heart, for the man she loves will be gone for days. James noticed the silent woman beside him. He knew what she was feeling. He stopped a few feet away from the private plane and faced the woman beside him. He lifted her chin and looked at those bleak eyes.

“I won’t be gone for long, sweetheart. I’m not dying! Don’t send me off with that face. I’m just a call away.” James said and kissed her forehead. Devon smiled at his quip.

“I’ll miss you. Call me when you arrive.”

“I will. Now, give me a smile.”

Devon gave her best smile and was awarded with a kiss on the lips.

It’s been two days since James’ departure. Devon was busy working at the villa. James calls her twice a day for hours at a time. She missed him so much that she tried to busy herself with work. She was checking the list of supplies delivered, when a familiar voice called her. Devon turned around and saw the tall, slit-eyed man she treasured as one of her dearest friends. She squealed and ran towards Ryan, hugging him tightly.

“Ryan! I’m so glad to see you. How have you been? What brings you here?” Devon asked excitedly.

“Hey… relax. You’re choking me!”

“Oooppss… sorry.” Devon said laughing, releasing her hold on him.

“I’m fine. I just want to see you. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other. You look lovelier.” Ryan said and kissed her on the cheek. Devon smiled.

“I’m almost done here. Why don’t you tour around first and we’ll have lunch later.”

“Okay, sure. I’d love to see your work.”

Ryan walked around the house while Devon continued her work. After an hour, they went out and had lunch together at a nearby restaurant. Ryan talked about his recent business ventures and his plans of doing it in Australia. They talked about anything while eating their lunch.

They went back to the villa and walked by the shore. Ryan was silently walking beside Devon, deep in thought. He was debating on how to declare his feelings towards her. He’s been delaying for almost three weeks now the opportunity of telling her how he feels. And now that he’s here, his courage deserted him. Ryan stopped in his tracks, fidgeting.

Devon looked at Ryan and sensed something is bothering him. She poked him by the ribs.

“Hey! What’s with the face?” Devon asked.

“Uhmm… Devon, it’s been weeks that I’ve been contemplating whether to tell you this or not…” Ryan nervously began. Devon looked at Ryan expectantly.

“I… uhmm… How do I say this?” Ryan stammered and Devon smiled encouragingly at him.

“I just want you to know… You’ve always been in my mind for these past weeks. I can’t help it but I like you and I think I’m falling in love with you,” Ryan confessed. Devon was speechless.

“There I said it!” Ryan said and let out a big sigh of relief.

When he saw Devon’s appalled look, he quickly reassured her, saying, “No, you don’t have to answer me now. I just want to say how I feel and get it off my chest. Don’t worry. I’m not expecting you to feel the same way.”

Devon smiled weakly. “Ryan, you’re a good person and I like you a lot… but only as a friend. James owns my heart now.”

“Oh… I see,” Ryan said disappointment evident in his face.

“I’m sorry,” Devon said.

“No, you don’t have to be sorry. I totally understand. And believe me, I’m happy for the both of you,” Ryan said, smiling at her.

“Thanks. We’re still friends, right?” Devon asked.

“Of Course.” He said and put his arms around her shoulders.

Ryan dragged her back to the villa and kept her company for the entire day. He stayed there for three days, taking Devon to lunch during the day and dinner at night, occasionally taking her for a stroll along the beach. Ryan showed a happy façade whenever he’s with Devon, but deep inside he’s crushed into a million pieces. But seeing her so happy when talking about James made all the hurt he is feeling worthwhile.

After 3 days of staying, he went to Australia to continue his new business venture.

Devon just received an urgent call from her boss, telling her to report to the office for a week. Because of this, she has been so busy preparing the important things needed for the villa while she will be away. She temporarily entrusted the responsibilities of managing the works on the villa to James’ secretary.

Amidst all the hustles and bustles of things, Devon misplaced her cellphone and when she found it on the kitchen counter during lunch time registering 41 missed calls from James, she immediately called him back.

James answered on the first ring.

“Devon? Is this you? Why didn’t you answer my calls? Is everything alright? Answer me!” James demanded.

“It’s me, will you calm down? Relax. I’m fine, Jaime.” Devon said amused.

“How could I calm down? I called you for like 41 times! You didn’t answer me!” he said raising his voice.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been busy. I misplaced my phone-”

“Busy with what?” James retorted, cutting her explanation short. Devon sighed.

“My boss called me and he wants me to come to the office for a week that’s why I’ve been busy preparing things needed for the villa while I’m gone.”

“Oh… you should have your phone with you at all times. I’m sorry. I just really miss you.”

“I miss you too.”

“Oh by the way, I have to extend my stay here. There are still things to be done.”

“Oh, okay,” Devon said a little disappointed. “We’ll just meet in my apartment then.”

“Alright. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

James hung up the phone and went to the conference room, wherein a meeting was held. James temporarily withheld the meeting just to answer Devon’s call. All the executives turned their heads to James, looking rather irritated. But they noticed a sudden change in him. He was rather in a good mood unlike moments before he took the call. The executives, curious and thankful of whoever or whatever the call is all about, resumed the meeting.

5 comments:

  1. ..xOo kyut talaga ni james pag-worried!..hehehe..sana may nxt chapter na..but xOo sorry 4 being xOo demanding... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very sweet chapter!!

    ako kay james umuwi na siya!!hehe..

    just read this the 2nd time now..

    mareng jo, when ang next? di ba sabo mo last night you will post it this day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaaaaaaaaaaa nAgun q lnG nAlaman mEh nxt chAp nA pala....galinG....

    _jhecille_

    ReplyDelete
  4. wawa nman c baby lyan!!

    pero bonnga si james hap!!

    ****

    ReplyDelete