Saturday, September 11, 2010

When I found you... Chapter 10(Jaevon Fanfic)

Devon who made an alibi to go to the bathroom lingered in the living room. She went there to have an excuse to be alone. Her mind was in chaos. So, she did the only thing that would calm her mind. She took off the linen that covered the piano and seated herself in the dusty chair. She was oblivious of the man behind the door listening to her play. A wonderful song filled the air. She played the song that her father would usually play for her and her little sister. “Butterfly Kisses” filled the silent night. She remembered learning to play the piano for her younger sister. Her sister can’t sleep if she can’t hear the song. So, she started learning playing the instrument and took over her father’s place. She was playing the last part of the song when her two hands were covered by a man’s. She was about to turn when James face leaned over her and started to play with her. Their fingers moved together in harmony and played the remaining last notes. The song ended but his hands were still on hers. Neither of them moved. He was leaning over her… his face was very close to hers. She was afraid to move for she knew James was too close and he might hear the rapid beating of her heart.

“That was beautiful. How did you learn to play the piano?” James spoke after a lengthy silence and went to sit beside her.

“I took piano lessons when I was 11 years old.” Devon answered.

“I’m sorry about what I did earlier. I really didn’t mean to offend you.” James said after a while.

“It’s alright. It just evoked awful memories...”

“What memories?”

“It’s nothing. Let’s not talk about it.”

The two became silent again. Devon’s head was bowed and James saw tears threatened to fall from her lovely eyes. James wanted very much to ease her pain but he doesn’t know how.

“Want me to play you a song?” James said, hoping that his song might take the painful memories even just for a while.

Devon looked up at him. He smiled and started to play.

She was mesmerized. He played effortlessly and flawlessly. He looked so handsome that Devon can’t seem to take her eyes off him. She was caught under a spell… a wonderful spell.

I need you tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZzblKfaQUU&feature=related

Open up your heart to me
And say what's on your mind, oh yes
I know that we have been through so much pain
But I still need you in my life this time

And I need you tonight
I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right
I see heaven in your eyes

I figured out what to say to you
But sometimes the words, they come out so wrong
And I know in time that you will understand
That what we have is so right this time

And I need you tonight
I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right

All those endless times we tried to make it last forever more
And baby I know
I need you
I know deep within my heart
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right
I see heaven…

I need you tonight

I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
No, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or it's right
All I know is baby

As he sings the last part, he looked at her… a look that took her breath away.

“I see heaven in your eyes.”

She was transfixed.

You’re beautiful, Devon thought achingly.

“Thank you.” James said and smiled down at her. She was baffled by what he said and she realized that she said it aloud; she turned scarlet and looked the other way.

James chuckled. She was saved from further embarrassment of explaining herself when Ryan came in with the others.

“Was that you playing? It’s been a long time since I’ve heard you play. Will you play for us again?” Ryan requested, looking at James.

“Yeah, play for us.” Ivan seconded.

“Alright.” James conceded.

James started playing another song. Devon started to stand up and leave when James grabbed her wrist and pulled her back again.

“Stay.” James said. Devon thought she saw for a second a pleading look flickered across his face. She sat back and listened to him play.

Spanish Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OjfaI0flVI&feature=related

Here we are in the arms of one another
And we still go on searching for each other
Knowing that hate is wrong and love is
right for us tonight

When I look into your Spanish eyes
I know the reason why I am alive
And the world is so beautiful tonight

It's a place I've never been
And it comes from deep within
And it's telling me that I'm about to win first prize
Knowing all I have to do
Is reach out my hand to you
Anytime I want to look into your Spanish eyes

Let it be if we're nothing more than dreamers
Who believe that we see no wall between us
How can they be in my heart and in my mind,
when all I could find

When I look into your Spanish eyes
I know the reason why I am alive
And the world is so beautiful tonight


I loved you from a distance
Thought I couldn't reach that far
I can't believe how close that we are
When I look into your Spanish eyes
And the world is so beautiful tonight

Brett stood up and walked over to Fretzie and offered his hand to her for a dance. The two whirled around the room, so in tune with each other. Ivan went to Yen and asked her to dance with him. Yen accepted and they gracefully danced. Devon was looking at James, fixed by the beautiful face. She was captivated by the gazes he cast at her and seemed like every words he sang felt like he was singing it for her.

She was surprised when Ryan touched her by the shoulder and asked her to dance with him. Devon recovered her composure and smiled up at him. She accepted and together they joined the others. James who was in a blissful state because Devon was by his side felt like a cold water was thrown at him in the face when he saw Devon took Ryan’s hand and danced with him. He felt a pang of loss upon seeing her smiling up at Ryan. He lost the will to continue the song that he ended it suddenly.

“I’m tired. I don’t want to play anymore.” James said in a chilly voice, looking at Devon and Ryan.

“Let Devon play.” Fretzie suggested.

With everyone cajoling her, she conceded. She played another song and everyone now danced and sang along with her. Ryan on the other hand, just stood up near the side of the piano and watched Devon play. James became furious upon seeing the look on Ryan’s face while looking at Devon.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the singing and dancing except for one. James was sulking in a couch at a corner of the room, looking murderous. He saw Devon smiling and seemed so happy.

Why doesn’t she smile at me like that?

Why doesn’t she laugh like that when she’s around me?

Why? James thought rather disheartened.

It was almost 12 when they decided to go home. Ryan was in the front carrying the flashlight while the others followed him in pairs. Devon and James were the last to follow the group. They walked silently. Brett was holding Fretzie’s hand, supporting her. Ivan was holding yen’s elbow, guiding her through the rocky path. Devon was slightly ahead of James, when she tripped and almost fell down if it wasn’t for James who quickly grabbed and steadied her.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Thanks.”

Devon took her hand from James’ grasp. But, James didn’t let go, instead the hold tightened.

“It’s better this way. You might fall again.” James reasoned and started walking, pulling Devon to follow him. James smiled and congratulated himself of his suave moves.

They finally arrived at the hotel. They said their goodnight and went to their designated rooms.

James still felt elated that sleep was still far away from his mind.

All he could think of was how to make Devon trust him and break the barriers she erected whenever she’s around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment