Sunday, September 26, 2010

When I found you... Chapter 20(Jaevon Fanfic)

James went out of the bathroom draped only with a towel around his waist, drying his hair with a hand towel. Devon looked up absentmindedly at him, still thinking whether to tell James or not about the call. James noticed the furrowed brows and the troubled look on her face, misinterpreting it. Flashing a wicked smile at her, he walked over the cabinet and grabbed some clothes.

“Hey, relax. I’m not gonna bite you.” James said chuckling.

Devon came out from her reverie and looked up at him confused.

“What?” Devon asked and for the first time noticed his state of undress. She looked away and made herself busy, clumsily folding the remaining clothes. She even folded the blanket and puffed up the pillow, anything to distract her from the broad expanse of James chest which is making her heart beat so fast. James who was amused of her predicament, decided to tease her even more. He cleared his throat and walked over to her. Devon immediately turned to James and looked at him warily.

What is he going to do?

No… no…

Devon! Stop those thoughts!

He won’t do such a thing! Devon thought frantically.

James stalked her step by step until the back of her knees touched the edge of the bed causing her to fall on the pillows. James followed her down, bracing his arms on either side of Devon’s head and slowly bent his head, looking at her mouth. Devon’s heart was beating wildly. As James face was an inch closer, she closed her eyes and waited for the kiss. She felt his lips touch her forehead tenderly.

“You have a nice forehead.” James said huskily.

Devon, who was expecting a kiss on the lips, was startled at the tenderness of the action and the way he said those words.

“The things that play on your mind… Relax, I won’t pounce on you.” James said and stood up, pulling Devon with him. She smiled gratefully at him and was about to continue packing his things when James stopped her.

“Now, you tell me what’s been bothering you.”

“James… uhm… your dad called.”

James’ face hardened.

“What does he want? Did he say something bad to you?”

“No… no, nothing like that. It’s just that he’s here in the Philippines. He wants to see you. But, I told him you’ll be flying to Australia tomorrow, so he invited me instead for lunch and I accepted it.” She finished breathlessly, looking at James’ reaction.

Now, what is he up to? James thought. He walked over to the telephone and dialed a number.

“Hello, Mr. Gomez I can’t be there tomorrow. There’s been a change of plan. Reschedule all the meetings for this week. I’ll call you again.” James said and put down the receiver.

“What? Why are you canceling your trip?”

“You just said my father’s here. I don’t like the thought of you facing my father alone. Besides, I want to introduce you formally as my girlfriend.” James explained, grabbing his clothes and headed for the bathroom, leaving a worried yet hopeful Devon.

An elegant-looking couple was waiting for a very special person in their life. Excitement was evident in their faces. It’s been years since they last saw their son. And now, he’s bringing the girl who will hopefully be their daughter-in-law. They chose the best restaurant in town for the special occasion. They keep looking at the entrance door, hoping to see the son they’ve been missing.

The door opened and a young smiling couple walked in, looking so happy. Mr. and Mrs. Force almost did not recognize their son. The smile on James’ face lightened his features, looking affectionately at the young lady holding his arm. They stood up and waited for them to come to their table. James saw his parents and his face became expressionless. He just nodded in acknowledgment.

“Son! How are you? You look wonderful,” Mrs. Force greeted and looked at the woman beside him with a smile. “And you must be Devon. It’s a pleasure to have finally met you,” His mother continued and turned to her husband. “Sam was right, darling. She’s lovely.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, my dear.” Mr. Force said and extended his hand in greeting.

“The pleasure is mine.” Devon said to the both of them, shaking Mr. Force hand and kissed Mrs. Force on the cheek. They seated themselves and Mr. Force ordered for them. Upon seeing the food, Devon was fondly reminded of James’ habit of ordering a lot.

All the while, James was silent. He just looked at his parents with a bored expression. Although he’s suspicious of his father’s intention, he was still grateful of them for accepting Devon warmly unlike the way they treated Mikaela before.

“I saw your designs. Sam showed me some of it. I’m planning on renovating our house in Sydney and I was thinking of hiring you,” Mrs. Force said and turned to James. “Would you mind?”

“It’s not up to me. It’s her decision to make.”

“Oh, I’d love to.” Devon said, smiling at her. “How about I’ll give you a tour at the villa? So, it could give you some ideas on what you would like to change in your house.” She suggested and looked at James’ checking if it’s okay. James nodded in consent. The old couple beamed and cast a thankful look at Devon.

James was driving towards the villa with Devon followed by his father’s car.

“Your parents are really nice. You and your father are very much alike.” Devon said fondly.

“Really?” James asked sarcastically. Devon ignored the sarcasm and looked at James imploringly.

“James… couldn’t you find it in your heart to give them a chance? It seems to me their intentions are genuine.” At first, James didn’t say anything. But seeing Devon’s pleading face, he sighed.

“Alright. For you, I’ll try.”

Devon beamed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you… Jaime.”

James smiled and pulled her closer to him. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

“I love it when you call me Jaime.” James said lovingly and kissed the top of her head.

They stopped just around the bend and walked the remaining rocky path towards the villa.

“Wow! This place is beautiful. You work wonders, darling.” James’ mom exclaimed and looked at the villa admiringly.

“Thank you, Mrs. Force.”

“Oh just call me Kazel… or better yet… mom.” Mrs. Force said and glanced at James with a teasing smile. James’ dad grinned widely and looked at his son’s smile.

“James, can I talk to you?” Mr. Force asked his son. James nodded his consent and together they walked away from the ladies. The women busied themselves with touring the place and went inside.

“I know how you felt about me. I have not been a good father to you.”

“Well, I’m used to it.” James said cynically.

His father looked embarrassed but continued what he needed to say.

“Well, I’ve never been there for you. And I won’t be surprised if you despise me.”

“Will you just get straight to the point?”

“James… please… I want to make it up to you,” Mr. Force pleaded. “What do I have to do for you to accept me back into your life?”

James looked at his dad and saw the sincerity of his words.

“For the past few days, my life has nothing but joy. Devon filled me with love that even anger and resentment has no place in my heart. She gave meaning to my life… she gave me back my life.” James said and for the first time, smiled at his father. “I’m willing to give you a chance to be a father to me.” He continued and extended his hand.

Mr. Force was in tears. He walked over to his son and clasped his hand tightly in his. He looked gratefully at his son and gave him a tight hug.

“Thank you, my son.”

James smiled and hugged his father back.

The sun was setting, when James and Devon accompanied his parents to their car. They said their goodbyes and invited Devon to visit them in Australia. The old couple got in the car and drove away from the young couple who was holding each other, waving at them with warm smiles on their faces.

1 comment:

  1. how nice nman ng reconciliation,
    naiiyak tuloy aku..

    huhuhu, pero happy tears!!

    LAB it!!

    ReplyDelete