Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When I found you... Chapter 17(Jaevon Fanfic)

Lips an inch apart… both anticipating the kiss.

“Devon! Devon! Where are you?” Sam called from a distance.

The spell broke. Devon jerked with a guilty start and moved away from James.

“Damn.” James cursed furiously.

Why is he still here? James thought bitterly.

Devon was still trying to calm down the erratic beating of her heart when James grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the nearing voice.

“What a nuisance! Come on. Let’s find a place where we can’t be disturbed.” James muttered.

Devon, who was debating whether to answer the call or not, was taken off guard and rendered speechless by James’ harsh reaction to Sam’s approach.

Devon’s mind was running wildly. Where is he taking me?

Is he… is he… is he going to…

Oh Devon, shut up! Get a hold of yourself, Devon thought frantically.

James stopped at a nearby cove.

Awkwardness hung in the air. The sound of the waves crashing into the rocks broke the silence. A bird flew overhead and disappeared into the kaleidoscope sky.

James, still holding Devon’s hand, was looking at the vast horizon so lost in thought.

He was still irritated from the disturbance a while ago.

Devon pulled her hand from James’ grasp and headed towards the boulder. She sat down and cautiously stole a glance at James. She saw him already looking intently at her. She averted her gaze but the scarlet cheeks of Devon didn’t escape from James’ notice.

James walked and sat beside her, struggling with the right words to say.

“I want to apologize for being an asshole to you…I shouldn’t have said those insults at Ivan’s party,” James said quietly. “I know there’s no excuse for what I’ve done. I’m sorry…”

“Apology accepted,” Devon said and smiled up at him.

“That’s just it? You’re not gonna hit me?” James asked jokingly.

“No, I won’t,” Devon said grinning. “But on second thought… maybe I should.”

They laughed together. Devon playfully hit James’ arm but instead he took her hand in his.

“Seriously… I want to tell you the reason why I said those things….” James bared his past to her. Devon just listened to every word he said and didn’t interrupt until he was finished. James looked at her and saw that she was on the verge of tears.

“Are you crying? Don’t tell me you pity me.” James said amused.

“I’m not!” Devon exclaimed wiping her eyes that totally ruined her denial.

James chuckled and Devon smiled. He looked at her with admiration in his eyes.

She’s really an angel.

How could I have compared her to Mikaela? She’s different… James thought.

He cupped her face with his other hand, looking at her adoringly.

“If you’d let me… I would like to have a fresh start with you.”

“Alright… but on one condition…” Devon said with a wicked smile.

“What condition?” James said cautiously, unable to see the mischief in her eyes. Devon laughed.

“I was just kidding. Don’t be too uptight… Mr. Force.” Devon said teasingly with emphasis on his name. Then both of them laughed. Devon sobered and looked at James.

“James… Can I ask you something?” She asked hesitantly. “I didn’t mean to pry but… I overheard your conversation with Sam.”

James’ face hardened and looked away.

“What happened between you and your father? Why do you hate him that much?” Devon pursued. James sighed and looked back at her.

“My father is an ambitious, dynamic man in terms of business. He built an empire on his own. The Force’s is a wealthy family already, but he tripled their wealth and made it to the top. He can be very intimidating that people around him can’t help but cater to him… especially my mom. He can very well manage any business but he doesn’t know how to manage a family.” James said, bitterly. Devon touched James hand and twined her fingers with his, a sad look on her face.

“He was never a father to me. I only saw him when he held parties at home and introduce me to his acquaintances as if I’m a trophy. I’m always jealous to other people who have good relationship with their fathers. When I was young, I kept telling myself that if I would do something good, maybe my father would take notice of me. My parents would just leave me with my grandfather during summers. I never regretted being with my grandpa though. He was the one who taught me to play the different instruments. He’s a part-time musician.”James said fondly, smiling at her..

“So that’s where you got your talents.” Devon said beaming up at him.

“Yeah, I guess so. He calls me Jaime. He’s the only one who calls me by that name.”

“Jaime… that’s cute. It suits you well.” She said with adoration in her eyes.

“You can call me that if you want.” He invited.

Two people walking by the shore were laughing and holding each other’s hand. They walk up the winding staircase into the house. James was laughing at something Devon said when Sam opened the front door. James’ laugh died down and was replaced by a grim face.

“What are you still doing here?” James snapped.

“My work is not done here. Besides, your father gave me this vacation leave. I need the rest and Boracay gave me the perfect place to unwind.”

Devon who was listening felt the tension brimming between them. She tightened her hold on James’ hand and touched his arm, warning him to just let things be. James looked down at her and his anger subsided upon seeing her pleading look.

“Come on James, I’ll tour you around the house.” Devon invited and pulled him inside.

Devon cast a look at Sam telling him not to push it.

Another sun arises from the sky of Boracay. Everything still seemed the same. The workers meet together and drink coffee at the garden. Talking and relaxing.

Devon was talking to her assistant, Patrick Cuenco, when Sam arrived. He saw Devon and directly approached her.

“Good morning. Can I talk to you for a minute?” Sam asked.

Devon nodded and followed him near the fountain.

“What is it?” Devon said inquiringly.

“Uhm… I just wanna apologized for not telling you the truth. I’m sorry for keeping my true identity. It was not my intention to lie. It just happened.” Sam explained.

“I understand. I’m sure you’re just doing your job.” Devon said and smiled.

It was at that moment that James arrived. He saw the two smiling at each other and a spurt of jealousy erupted within him. The first thing that came to his mind was to separate the two.

“Mr. Sy.” James called, aggressively. The two looked at James. Devon smiled at him but James didn’t see it for he was directing his cold stare at Sam.

“Will you give me the list of things needed here? And also the list of expenses and things that needed to be bought.” James said coldly and stalked off inside the house.

Devon’s smile vanished and just stared at James’ retreating back.

Devon was looking at the list of equipments need to be added when Patrick approached her.

“Devs, I need you to look at this. What do you think of this design? Will this look good with the blue color or yellow?”

“I think it would look good with the blue color.” Devon answered.

“I think so too.” Patrick seconded and smiled at Devon.

They didn’t notice the man behind them, who look balefully at them.

How come they’re on first name basis? James thought grimly.

Why is he looking at her like that… like he wants to devour her? He’s just the assistant!

“I want it yellow.” James said aloofly. The two was startled upon hearing his voice.

Devon turned around and saw James in a bad mood.

“I think blue is better, James,” Devon insisted. “It would look good with the design. It won’t be too light and it won’t be too dark.” Devon explained.

“Yes it would look better and compliment the other rooms if we use the blue one.” Patrick seconded.

“No. I want it yellow and that’s final.” James said with dead finality, leaving the two with a confused expression.

What’s wrong with him? Devon thought.

2 comments:

  1. anG selosO tAlaga ni jameS...gus.2 nyA nAsa kanya lAhat nG atensyooon ni devs!....love it poH!....gAwa pA po kAyo....adict aq sa jaevon eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. selosooooooooooooooooo..................

    i can't take it anymore........

    oxygen pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

    thanks elegantly rude:)))
    keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete