Saturday, October 9, 2010

When I found you... Chapter 26(Jaevon Fanfic)

Devon didn’t expect to see the man that used to haunt her dreams. She was surprised to see him again after all those years.

Enrique dela Vega.

He’s still the same… handsome as ever. She remembered those eyes that used to melt her resistance. She was happy to see him after all the pain she once felt.

Funny how I used to think that my world revolves around him…

I used to say to myself that if I ever see him again, I’d gladly forgive him and take him back.

But now… the feelings are gone. She thought amused.

She realized it was not love after all…

It was as shallow as a puddle… always treading on a fragile glass…

It was always me who gave the most... trying hard to please him.

I realized now, after everything, I was not really satisfied at the end… there’s always this hollow feeling in me that wants to be filled.

They’re totally different…

Ken is sweet and charming…James is snobbish and hot-headed…

But, funny, how James was the one who filled that hollowness inside.

My Jaime… Devon thought.

Mrs. Force turned to Devon inquiringly.

“Do you know him, my dear?” Mrs. Force asked.

“What?” Devon said, coming out from her reverie. “Oh… yes. He’s an old friend of mine.” She answered and acknowledged Enrique. “Ken! I’m surprised to see you here.” Devon said standing up and introduced Enrique to Mrs. Force.

“Mom, this is Enrique dela Vega. Ken, this is Mrs. Kazel Force.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, madame.” Ken said and kissed the back of Mrs. Force’s hand.

Suddenly, Devon’s phone rang. She excused herself and went outside the restaurant, leaving the two to acquaint.

She took her phone out and James’ face appeared on the screen.

“Hey, baby. Where are you? I’m in the Philippines right now.”

“Jaime! I’m in Shangri-La Hotel, having dinner with your mom.”

“Alright, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

“Okay. I’ll wait for you here, love you.”

“Love you more.”

Devon went back to the restaurant and was disconcerted upon seeing Enrique now seated next to Mrs. Force, talking animatedly to her. She went over to them and seated herself.

“Oh, Devon you’re here. Your friend is such a charmer. He wants to treat us to dinner. I could not say no to such a gentleman.” Mrs. Force said, smiling at Enrique fondly.

“Oh, I see. By the way, mom… James is coming. He’ll be here any minute now.”

“Oh? Why is he here?”

“I don’t know. He comes here from time to time these past few days.”

James arrived at the hotel and went straight to the restaurant. He easily spotted Devon, smiling at someone. He saw a man seated next to her mother who seemed to be having a nice time.

He went directly to Devon, putting an arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek.

“Hey, love.”

“Jaime!” Devon exclaimed, pleased at seeing him.

James went to her mom and kissed her forehead.

“Hello, mom.”

“Oh, darling. It’s nice seeing you here. Come, join us.”

James looked at the man seated next to her mom, waiting to be introduced.

“Oh, darling. Enrique here is treating us for dinner. He’s an old friend of Devon. Come, sit down.”

Enrique stood up and extended his hand to James.

“I believe we haven’t met before. I’m Enrique dela Vega. Nice to meet you.”

James looked at the hand and then stared at the man of Devon’s past.

“James Force.” He answered back, taking Enrique’s hand in a tight grip and releasing it immediately. He then took his seat next to Devon and possessively put an arm around her shoulder, looking at Ken rather menacingly.

Devon, who was overwhelmed with all the happenings, just sat there and looked at the exchange of pleasantries in stunned silence.

Their orders came and they started talking about random things.

“Devon, are you still working in that designing company? You know, I’ve always thought that you’re too good for that company. By staying there you won’t be able to make a name for yourself. I’ve always wondered why you’re happy in that crappy place. You’ve turned down a lot of opportunities. You could have made it to the top.” Enrique said.

Before Devon could respond, James answered in her defense.

“Being successful isn’t about always being on top. Success comes only when you’re happy and contented with the things you do and with the people around you.” James said cuttingly.

“Oh, you’re right, darling. But, it’s also nice to grab opportunities for they don’t come very often.” Mrs. Force voiced out.

“Yes, I’m still working in the same company. Well, during those times I was not yet ready to take such opportunities with big responsibilities and besides, I want to be close with my family. You know, they’re all I have during those times.” Devon said, looking meaningfully at Enrique, as if reminding him that he was never there when she needs him the most.

“Hhhmmm, I see. How’s Grandma and Chloe?” Enrique asked.

“Oh they’re doing fine. We just had lunch with them last Sunday.” James answered smugly.

“Oh, I remember those lunches every Sunday. I always looked forward to those get-togethers. After every lunch we have this game of chess. I remember her grandma would always side with me. I love those consequences everytime you lose. Remember those days, Devon?” Enrique said teasingly.

“I didn’t know you like those Sunday lunches. At times, it felt like I have to drag you to it.” Devon said chuckling.

Devon and Enrique reminisced the past, while Mrs. Force was engrossed with the stories, occasionally laughing at some funny events of their lives. James was not happy at all. He sat there broodingly, watching his women being charmed by the insufferable Enrique.

Why is she always staring at him? James asked himself, feeling jealousy eating him every minute.

Devon looked at Enrique, thinking of the reasons why she ever fell for someone like him.

I must be blind…

How could I have fallen for him?

Looking at him now and seeing the truth… she could say he’s one hell of a charmer… a lady’s man, she thought.

James was driving Devon’s car going to her house. He was still brooding about what happened earlier. Silence filled the car. Neither of them talked, so lost in their own thoughts.

They reached the house and silently went inside. Devon turned on the lights and faced James to hang his jacket but was halted upon seeing his face.

“What’s the problem? Is something wrong?” Devon asked, seeing the dangerous glitter in James’ eyes.

“You tell me. You said you’re over him but how come you can’t stop looking at him?” James snarled.

Devon was taken aback and couldn’t help but laugh at the absurdity of James’ conclusion.

“You look absolutely handsome and devastatingly attractive when you’re jealous.” Devon said, while pinching James’ nose affectionately. “If you must know Mr. Force, I was thinking of the flaws in him that I was too blind to see before.” Devon intoned.

She turned her back on him, leaving him standing in the hallway, and preceded to the kitchen.

She started making coffee, ignoring James who was standing by the doorway.

“Oh, really?” James said sarcastically.

Devon turned around and faced the man that’s making her irritated by the minute.

“How many times do I have to tell you that you’re the one I love and not him? Do I have to hit your head just to make it stick in your mind?!” Devon said bitingly. She went to the cabinet to rummage for cups and some snacks, slamming everything she gets hold of.

She was opening a box of cookies, roughly ripping the plastic when she felt arms encircling her by the waist. She felt the warm breath on her ear.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I love you so much… I can’t bear seeing you with another man.” James whispered and kissed her by the nape.

Devon’s anger subsided, fully understanding James’ feelings that resulted from his past experience with Mikaela.

I’m not Mikaela… Jaime.

I want you to trust me fully. I’ll make you trust me. Devon thought achingly.

Devon was carefully arranging the cookies on the platter when an idea came to her mind.

“What if there’s someone out there who would approach me other than Enrique?” Devon asked cautiously.

“What? There’s someone else other than Enrique?” James asked, turning Devon to face him.

“See? You easily get jealous. Yes, there’s someone else other than Enrique.” Devon said, taking the cookies and coffee to the kitchen table, keeping a safe distance from James.

“I’m not jealous. Now, tell me who he is. Do I know him?” James demanded.

“Yes, you know him. Definitely.” Devon answered with a naughty look.

James then started recalling all the men that he knew Devon was working with.

“Shall I describe him? He’s tall, handsome, and has a mesmerizing smile. He’s sometimes bossy and hot-headed but most of the time he’s very thoughtful, caring, sweet and-…”

“Enough! I don’t want to hear it anymore.” James cut in and walked to the kitchen table. He took his coffee and unconsciously added 5 spoonfuls of sugar, stirring it vigorously. “Besides, you’re mine, now. I don’t care.” He said turning his back to Devon.

But, Devon continued describing the man as if she didn’t hear what James said.

“He’s a real charmer, if he wants to. I fell in love with him a million times, first was when I met him and the rest… was everytime I look at him.” Devon said, watching James’ reaction. “Do you want to know his name?”

“No, I don’t want to hear it.” James said, closing his eyes in agony, dreading to hear the name.

But Devon continued again.

“I love him so much. His name is James Robert Force”

James stiffened upon hearing the name. Something warm in him burst out. He slowly turned around and faced the girl who made him feel like a dancing yoyo. She makes him feel happy, angry and loved at the same time.

He saw the love shining in her eyes.

He was so weak with relief that he took a sip from his coffee. He suddenly spitted it out and cursed out loud.

“My gawd! What kind of coffee is this?!”

Devon laughed out loud.

“For your information, Mr. Force, it was you who added 5 spoonfuls of sugar in that cup.” Devon said, laughter dancing in her eyes.

She went to him, twining her arms around his neck, looking at the love glinting in his eyes.

James smiled, pulling her tightly against him and kissed her with all the love bursting in him.

A kiss that strengthens their trust and love for each other…

A love that will experience an unexpected ordeal…

Will their love survive or will it break into painful pieces?

5 comments:

  1. This is great.I'm just confused how would it end.
    I hope this would be different from typical stories.But as far as now, this is really good!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaaaaaaaaaaa....grabi ang ganda basta wala nA aqng mA sabi...mooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeee pa poH!.......

    _jhecille_

    ReplyDelete
  3. wala na tlagang bago sa sasabihin ko..
    pero sasabihin ko na rin..

    "ay so LAB it!!"

    ******

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatttt...
    A love that will experience an unexpected ordeal…
    Will their love survive or will it break into painful pieces?

    na curious ako...

    ReplyDelete